News from the Lab
- Ying is appointed Associate Professor at Wuhan Institute of Physics and Mathematics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Congrats Ying!
- Yellen Lab moves downtown Durham to the new Chesterfield building!
- Korine's paper "An acoustofluidic trap and transfer approach for organizing a high density single cell array" was accepted to Lab on a Chip.
- Sean graduates with his undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering and will attend a PhD program at University of Michigan. Congrats and good luck Sean!
- Korine defended her thesis and will join The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory as a Postdoctoral Researcher. Congrats Dr. Ohiri!
- An defended his thesis and will join the Schmidt Lab at Duke University as a Postdoctoral Associate. Congrats Dr. Pham!
- An presents "Dynamics of point dislocations along glide lines in two-dimensional colloidal crystal" at the 2018 APS March Meeting in Los Angeles, CA.
- Ben presents "Acoustofluidic Platform for Organizing an Array of Single Cells" at the 2017 Acoustofluidics Conference in San Diego, CA.
- An passed his preliminary exam. Congrats!
- Ying joins the lab. Welcome Ying!
- Roozbeh defended his thesis and will join the De Vlaminck Lab at Cornell University as a Postdoctoral Associate! Congrats Roozbeh!
- Korine passed her preliminary exam. Congrats!
- An presents "Crystallization kinetics of binary colloidal monolayers" at the 90th ACS Colloid and Surface Science Symposium in Cambridge, MA.
- Korine presents "Dual contrast colloids with engineered acoustic and magnetic responses for bioanalytical applications" at the 90th ACS Colloid and Surface Science Symposium in Cambridge, MA and wins the "Langmuir Student Best Poster Awards". Congrats Korine!
- Cody graduates with his undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering! Congrats Cody!
- Sean joins the lab. Welcome Sean!
- Eli joins the lab. Welcome Eli!
- Roozbeh passed his preliminary exam. Congrats!
- Roozbeh wins the "Best Oral Presentation Award" at the MEMS Retreat!
- Korine joins the lab. Welcome!
- Roozbeh wins the "Best Poster Award" at the "Magnetically Stimulated Soft Materials Conference" in Athens, GA. Congrats!